During the fall, especially during Halloween time, we all love to go to the pumpkin patch, grab a pumpkin, and go home and carve it. However, when you're de-gutting the pumpkin, what do you do with the insides? Did you know that you can save the seeds and have them as a snack for later? So much waste is attributed when we carve pumpkins because we never think to utilize the insides. This week the talk is all about pumpkin and the best part about them, the seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive Oil
- Any spices and seasonings you'd like (I used cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt)
-De-gut the pumpkin and set aside the seeds, cleaning them from any pumpkin remnants
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Wash the seeds in the a strainer, further getting rid of any pumpkin innards
- Dry the seeds on a towel or allow them to dry over night
- Drizzle some olive oil and add your spices/seasonings
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until you smell a nutty aroma
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Hey, have you come to sing pumpkin carols?
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
22 views2 comments