Before becoming vegan, quiche was something I loved to have for Saturday and/or Sunday brunch along with a nice mimosa 😜 I've recently discovered Just Egg within the past couple of months and for those of who have not heard of this brand-it's an egg replacement/substitute that's composed of only vegetables and tastes EGG-SACTLY (sorry couldn't help myself) like real eggs (just without all of the cholesterol). For Easter Sunday this year, my husband whipped up a vegan quiche made of this vegetable-egg substitute and let me tell you,it was egg-cellent (ok sorry, I'll stop). It was so good, that I had to quickly put together the recipe and share it with all of you so that you can try it yourselves the next time you want to make brunch over the weekend.
- Two bottles of Just Egg scramble
- One Pillsbury pastry (or you can make your own pastry)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup kale and/or broccoli
- 1/4 tsp each of seasoning of choice (we used garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, and basil-if you're using fewer spices then I would increase the size to a 1/2 tsp)
- Vegan parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer pie plate with the pastry of your choice (we used Pillsbury pie crust pastry due to time and it's also vegan).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two bottles of Just Egg scramble along with the tomatoes, leafy greens, and seasonings of your choice.
- Once ingredients are well combined, pour egg mixture into the pie crust in the pie plate then bake for 40 minutes.
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese and enjoy!
As I improved my diet, I started to learn to love myself, probably for the first time ever.
12 views5 comments